Monday, May 17, 2010

Westlife



So Friday headed to Ireland's version (westlife) of New Kids On the Block- a few differences these guys could actually sing and they were smart to know their original songs are crap and play a ton of covers ( Billy Joel, Barry Manilow). Concert was so much fun- with a great group of couples who I will completely miss and had some ice cold margaritas waiting for me at the concert ( I still have an issue that I cant taste tequila). I would SO like to take these folks in my luggage back with me. So yes- nostalgia has hit our house- I know my blog has sometimes served as a bitch list of things I hate (reminder, weather, healthcare, government style, narrow roads and no drive thru starbucks in a 15 mile radius) here but like all things somewhere along the line I made great friends with some amazing girls. A lot of us are on our way out- one couple leaves for New Zealand next month, then we head home, and then another couple leave for South Africa in the late fall. So yes, no regrets about our adventure in England, have met some friends for life who I hope I will cross paths again in our lifetime.

No comments: